Advantages of Collaborative Practice.
Collaborative Practice offers many advantages:
- You keep control of the process, without going to court.
- Children's needs are given priority.
- You and your spouse commit to reaching agreement through a problem-solving approach.
- An atmosphere of respect minimizes conflict.
- Open communication allows both of you to express your needs for moving forward and gives you new tools for effective problem-solving in the future.
- There is full disclosure of facts and information.
- Face-to-face meetings in the presence of lawyers make negotiations direct and efficient and allow for mutually created resolutions.
- The Collaborative process helps both of you plan for your own future and that of your children, and begin new lives.